The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the official title of the UK) is in fact , a unitary state consisting of four main parts: the three constituent countries of England, Scotland and Wales (collectively termed as the Great Britain) and province of Northern Ireland.Apart from 66 official cities, the UK has a large number of towns big enough to be considered as cities. However , some of UK’s official cities are even smaller than large villages or small towns.
Why Study in UK?
- UK has the world sixth- largest economy in terms of nominal GDP
- UK is one of the most globalized countries in the world
- The UK is the second largest financial center in the world, after USA
- Worldwide recognition of degrees
- Shorter durations hence education costs are lower
- Gateway to Europe
- Multicultural Nation
- Creative way of teaching and learning
- Degrees backed by Quality Assurance Agencies (QAA, RAE, EQUIS, AMBA, OFSTED, SQA etc.)
- According to the new guidelines issued by the Britain government, educational institutions have to be equipped with a license from the UK Border Agency (UKBA) indicating their eligibility to sponsor foreign candidates. As a result, the educational universities and colleges take full responsibility of foreign students studying in UK
Types of Qualifications
- Under Graduation Courses (BA/ B.Sc./B.Engg.etc.)
- Post Graduation Courses (MA/ M.Sc./ MBA etc.)
- Post Graduation Researches (M.Phil, etc.)
- Research Level (PhD, DBS etc.)
United Kingdom (UK) Profile
Official Name: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Prime Minister : Theresa May
Land Area: 93278 sq mi (241590 sq mi); Total area: 94526 sq mi (244820 sq mi)
Population :65.64 Million (2016) World Bank
Life Expectancy: 81.60 Years (2015)
Capital and Largest City : London
Other large cities: Glasgow, Birmingham, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Leeds, Bristol, Manchester, Bradford
Monetary unit: Pound Sterling
Dialing Code :+44
GDP : Per Capita :43,299, USD (2015)
Fertility Rate : 1.81 Births Per Woman (2015)
OfficialReligion : Christianity
TIER 4 VISA: Students
Introduced in March 2009, the Tier 4 visa categories cater to students who are paying for tuition in the UK. It highlights the significance laid by the universities and colleges on income from overseas. The prime objective of Tier 4 immigration service is to offer a straightforward, user-friendly and transparent solution to students willing to study in the UK.
Categories of Tier 4
There are two student categories in Tier 4 of the point-based system:
- General student
This category is intended for students coming to the UK for post-16 education.
- Child Student
This category is designed for children between 4 and 17 years of age who are coming to the UK for their education. However, children between 4 and 15 years of age may only be educated at independent fee paying schools.
UK Tier 4 Point Based System
It is mandatory for students to fulfill all the requirements of Immigration Rules, other than having of a total of 40 points.
- CAS statement (Confirmation Acceptance for Studies) issued from universities/institutions ( registered in UK Border Agency Sponsor Register) will provide the students 30 points.
- Satisfaction of fund requirement as mentioned by the UK Border Agency will make him/her eligible to get an additional 10 points and therefore obtain Visa.
Cost of Living in UK- for Main Application
- Pound 9136 ( 1015 pound multiplied by 9 months ) in case the UK University and College is in London (inside of inner London boroughs)
- Pound 11385 (1265 pound multiplied by 9 months) if the University and College is outside London (outside of inner London boroughs)
Cost of Living for Dependents
- Pound 7605 (845 pound multiplied by 9 months ) if the University of the main applicant is in London (inside of inner London boroughs)
- Pound 6255 (615 pound multiplied by 9 months ) if the university is outside London (outside of inner London boroughs)